The Stone Jug, C1752 Palatine Farmhouse

The Stone Jug is a farmhouse on the National Register of Historic Places. The residence was built in 1752 by a Palatine farmer, who was a tenant of the Livingston family.

Built of stone and brick, it features a gabled roof. The home has original Dutch doors, windows, hardware, massive beams, wideboard floors and three fireplaces. An addition was added to the north end in the late 1950s and is in keeping with the original structure.

The lower level features a kitchen with vintage built-ins, dining room with 7' wide hearth, bath and laundry area. The main level features a foyer, living room with fireplace, 2 bedrooms and bath. The upper level is a garret converted into a master en suite with steel fireplace and exposed rafters.

The residence is sited on 5.6 acres with Catskill and pastoral views. There are several bluestone terraces and the home is surrounded by gardens and mature trees. The property also features an additional stone structure, a large L-shaped, frame barn (also on the historic registry) and a vintage farm stand.

Located in Clermont, The Stone Jug is just a few minutes north of Tivoli and Bard's Fisher Center, close to Germantown and convenient to Rhinebeck and Hudson.

An additional 140 acres that are contiguous to the 4-acre parcel with the barn is available.

Offered at $495,000.

For further information contact Vicki Hickman or call 845-389-9952 (cell).

BACK | HOME

H.H. Hill Realty Services Inc.
6408 Montgomery St., Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Voice: 845-876-8888 • Fax: 845-876-5438

For information or inquiries, contact the webmaster.
© 2002-2015 Rhinebeck.com